Commercial and Motor Trade Insurance

Employer’s Liability Insurance

If you employ people, by law you need to have employer’s liability insurance. Not having appropriate cover could leave you with a fine of up to £2,500 for EVERY day your business is uninsured.

What is employer’s liability insurance

Employers’ liability insurance is designed to protect your business against compensation costs should any of your employees suffer an illness or injury as a direct result of their employment. This is especially important for anyone working in a mechanical, construction or trade environment where there is an especially high risk of injury.

The law says as a minimum, your employer’s liability insurance should provide cover for £5 million. As standard, Tradesure Insurance employer’s liability insurance provides cover for £10 million for your business.

Do I need employer’s liability insurance?

A simple rule of thumb; yes. It is a legal requirement if you employ more than one person to have employers’ liability insurance. Basically your business employs people if you:

  • Pay someone hourly, daily, weekly, or monthly.
  • Deduct National Insurance contributions and Income Tax from your employee’s pay.

Combined Liability Insurance

Often employer’s liability insurance is needed when a sole trader takes on their first employee. If you already have a Tradesure public liability insurance you can simply add employer’s liability insurance. This is commonly referred to as combined liability insurance because that’s exactly what it is – several liability insurances combined in one policy. Tradesure also offer combined liability insurance with additional cover for:

  • Public liability insurance
  • Product liability insurance
  • Directors’ and Officers’ insurance
  • Professional indemnity insurance
  • Trustee insurance

If you don’t insure with Tradesure now, check out how competitive we are against your current insurer. We may be able to help reduce your costs, we might not. What we WILL do however is check and make sure your business has the right level of cover.

Give us a call today on 0121 248 9300 to get free advice and a quote.

Do you drive around the UK in your own van and need insurance? Then click here to read more about our van insurance.

Not worried about your premises or it’s the case you work from home? But you find yourself driving customer vehicles from A to B, or that customers want to test drive the vehicles? Then you need road risk insurance cover. Click here for more details.

Get a quote


*we never share your information with third parties