Commercial and Motor Trade Insurance

Road Risk Only Insurance

If you buy, sell or repair vehicles on a full or even part-time basis but don’t need to worry about the premises you trade from then road risk insurance could be the policy for you.
road risk insurance uk
Road risk insurance is designed to help you move vehicles between locations in order to buy and sell them, or to repair them. This is the absolute minimum level of cover that motor traders need to meet legal requirement. Part-time motor traders find this insurance policy the most useful as it enables them to be covered for the vehicles they are using, without the additional cost of a commercial premises insurance policy.

What does road risk insurance cover?

If you’ve bought a vehicle from auction for example, or purchased it from someone looking to sell their vehicle, you’ll need to be covered to take that vehicle home. Rather than taking out a temporary insurance cover, or a personal annual cover which you could lose money on due to admin charges, with a road risk insurance policy you are legally able to drive the vehicle from one location to another.

What types of cover are offered on a road risk insurance policy?

policy cover road risk insuranceThere are three levels of cover which you can take out on a road risk insurance policy.

Third party only

Covers damage to other people and their property in the event of an accident. E.g if you If you damage another vehicle your insurance company will repair the vehicle you hit.

Third party fire and theft (TPFT)

This cover offers the same as above but you also get the additional benefit of being covered for fire and theft.

Comprehensive cover

Again, with comprehensive cover you get the same cover as with third party fire and theft, but it also covers the vehicle that is in your possession. So if you were in an accident that was your fault, you can also claim if you sustained personal injury.

What if you’re a mobile mechanic?

If you’re a mobile mechanic, repairing vehicles on the side of the road, or needing to take the vehicle to your business premises or home, then road risk cover will enable you to do so. With road risk insurance you are covered to drive vehicles from one place to another in order to carry out your business.

Why insure with Tradesure Motor Trade Insurance?

If you take out motor trade insurance with us you’ll also benefit from your own dedicated account manager and 24/7 access to our claims line.

Not sure if you qualify for motor trade insurance? You need to be over the age of 25, have held a full UK driving licence for over 12 months and been a UK resident for over 3 years.

Got any queries or want to find out more? Call our trade team today on 0121 248 9300.

Other motor trade insurance scheme we offer:

Protect your business in case anyone gets hurt as a result of your business. We supply public liability to motor traders as part of your policy or as a separate add on if you need.

Give Tradesure Motor Trade Insurance a call on 0121 248 9300 to find out more or click below.

If you regularly find yourself using your van to help your business you may be in need of van insurance. Commercial van insurance will keep you covered in many motor trade occasions so it’s worth calling us to find out more.

Get a quote


*we never share your information with third parties