More than a legal requirement, motor trade cover protects your pocket from damage or theft costs, and helps make sure your business can keep running if something happens.

Our experienced team can get quick, competitive quotes from insurers who specialise in motor trade cover, to give you confidence that you’ll get the support you need if you need it.

We always recommend comprehensive cover for more complete protection, but we do offer third party and ‘TPFT’ (third party, fire and theft) options.


50+ years of experience placing insurance for motor traders

Friendly, personal team committed to getting you the most suitable cover for your needs

Options for road risk, combined cover and liability insurance 

One point of contact for your motor trade insurance needs

Rated 4.9/5 for service on Feefo by our customers


Give Matthew a call on 0121 246 7070 to discuss your needs and he’ll put together a bespoke quote for you and your business. Or, let us know your renewal date below and we’ll get you a competitive quote closer to the time.


If you want more than just the basics, combined motor trade insurance could be for you. It’s hugely flexible, and can vary from road risk + business premises cover, to include things like employers liability and protection for your tools and cash.

Here are a few of the things combined motor trade insurance can include:

  • portable hand tools: tools can be expensive and replacing stolen or damaged tools can cost a lot. Adding tools cover to your combined insurance makes sure you won’t be out of pocket.
  • cash on premises: if you get paid in cash by customers, chances are you’re not taking this to the bank on a daily basis. Insuring it keeps your income safe.
  • personal accident cover: in case of injury, personal accident cover as part of your commercial combined insurance can help with any costs associated with injury, and can mean a cash payout to help you make ends meet while you’re out of work for a while.
  • vehicles in transit: if you’re transporting vehicles to and from different locations, ensure they’re protected in case of damage or theft.
  • commercial legal expenses: this can cover the costs of legal advice, all the way to legal representation and any costs if you need to take a matter to court
  • replacement locks: if locks break or you get broken into and need to change them, this cover can make sure you’re not footing the bill.
  • uninsured loss recovery: covers you for the costs of claiming uninsured losses, for example your excess, the cost of a hire car, or legal pursuit of an uninsured third party.
  • exhibitions cover: if you exhibit at trade shows, you’ll need specific exhibitions cover to make sure all your stock and equipment are properly protected.


What motor trade insurance do I need?

Road risk is the most basic form of motor trade insurance and a legal requirement if your business involves dealing with vehicles – buying, selling, maintaining, delivering, valeting etc.

If you have a dedicated business premises, you’ll need more cover than a standard road risk policy. Combined motor trade insurance takes care of your property, its contents, and your tools. If you employ staff, you’ll also need employers’ liability insurance within your motor trade combined policy. Plus, if members of the public come to your premises, we recommend taking out public liability insurance in case someone is injured or has their property damaged.

What can I include in my combined traders insurance policy?

You can add what you need from a range of additional cover options – for example, if you keep cash on site, want cover against loss of specialist clothing and PPE, or want to protect against business interruption.

What types of vehicles can be covered under my motor trade insurance policy?

The vehicles you drive for your business will be covered, and we can cover the private car driven by the policyholder and when driven by the policyholder’s spouse, civil or common law partner when they are a named driver on the policy. Employee vehicles are excluded from the policy.

Do you offer finance options?

Absolutely we do – just ask us about the payment options available. Finance agreements will include interest.

Can I get motor trade insurance immediately?

We can provide immediate cover over the phone once payment has been set up (or paid in full if you prefer).


Recommend a friend icon

Did you know that you can get £25 for each friend you recommend? Every time your friend takes out a policy with us, you’ll earn £25. There’s no limit on our recommend a friend scheme either, so there’s no cap on the rewards you can get.

Click here to find out more.