COMBINED MOTOR TRADE INSURANCE
Take care of more areas of your business with combined motor trade insurance, also known as combined traders insurance. As well as road risk cover, combined motor trade insurance can include protection for your home, business premises, contents and stock. It can also include whatever liability insurance you need for your motor trade business.
WHAT IS COMBINED MOTOR TRADE INSURANCE?
Combined motor trade insurance, also known as commercial combined insurance, is a type of business insurance that as the name suggests, combines different kinds of insurance cover. It’s designed for motor traders that work from a dedicated business premises, but can also be relevant for traders who work from home.
Combined motor trade insurance starts with road risk insurance, and can include a wide range of other specific kinds of business insurance to make sure all areas of your business are protected. For example, if you sell products, product liability insurance could be added to protect you against claims relating to the products you sell, even if you didn’t manufacture those products. You can also include public liability insurance, which protects you against claims for injury or damage from members of the public, or buildings cover, to protect your business premises.
COVER THAT'S FLEXIBLE TO YOUR NEEDS
Your combined motor trade insurance policy will be built based on what you want and need for your business. We can add cover for things like:
- portable hand tools: tools can be expensive and replacing stolen or damaged tools can cost a lot. Adding tools cover to your combined insurance makes sure you won’t be out of pocket.
- cash on premises: if you get paid in cash by customers, chances are you’re not taking this to the bank on a daily basis. Insuring it keeps your income safe.
- personal accident cover: in case of injury, personal accident cover as part of your commercial combined insurance can help with any costs associated with injury, and can mean a cash payout to help you make ends meet while you’re out of work for a while.
- vehicles in transit: if you’re transporting vehicles to and from different locations, ensure they’re protected in case of damage or theft.
- commercial legal expenses: this can cover the costs of legal advice, all the way to legal representation and any costs if you need to take a matter to court
- replacement locks: if locks break or you get broken into and need to change them, this cover can make sure you’re not footing the bill.
- uninsured loss recovery: covers you for the costs of claiming uninsured losses, for example your excess, the cost of a hire car, or legal pursuit of an uninsured third party.
- exhibitions cover: if you exhibit at trade shows, you’ll need specific exhibitions cover to make sure all your stock and equipment are properly protected.
WHAT COMBINED MOTOR TRADE INSURANCE DO I NEED?
If you have a dedicated business premises, you’ll need more cover than a standard road risk policy. Combined motor trade insurance takes care of your property, its contents, and your tools. If you employ staff, you’ll also need employer’s liability insurance. If members of the public come to your premises, we recommend taking out public liability insurance in case someone is injured or has their property damaged.
WHAT CAN I INCLUDE IN COMBINED MOTOR TRADE INSURANCE?
You can add what you need from a range of additional cover options – for example if you keep cash on site, want cover against loss of specialist clothing and PPE, or want to protect against business interruption.
REQUEST A CALLBACK
RECOMMEND A FRIEND
Did you know that you can get £25 for each friend you recommend? Every time your friend takes out a policy with us, you’ll earn £25. There’s no limit on our recommend a friend scheme either, so there’s no cap on the rewards you can get.
Click here to find out more.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. What types of vehicles can be covered under my motor trade insurance policy?
The vehicles you drive for your business will be covered, and we can cover the private car driven by the policyholder and when driven by the policyholder’s spouse, civil or common law partner when they are a named driver on the policy. Employee vehicles are excluded from the policy.
2. Can I pay for my insurance by instalments?
Yes you can – just ask us about our finance options.
3. Can I get immediate cover over the phone?
Yes – we can provide immediate cover over the phone once payment has been set up (or paid in full if you prefer).
4. What happens if I have a claim?
If you need to make a claim, please call our 24 hours claims line on 0121 248 9476.